Thursday, September 13, 2012

Why I'm Writing


                The reason why I chose the developmental stages and skills of a baby is because I do not know much about a baby. I had never been around babies that often growing up and I had never taken care or baby sat one. So, consequently, all I knew about babies is that they eat, sleep, and poop. Now, I have a baby of my own. I am learning every day on what they do, why they do it, and how to take care of it. As a new mother, since I wasn’t all that prepared in the beginning, I want to be prepared for the future. I want to learn what the different developmental stages and skills that a baby goes through and when it will happen. I want to be prepared so that I can have the house baby-proofed and the cameras ready! Especially since his daddy is in the Marines. I want to know what Sirus might begin to do, or already be doing, on the few occasions that Kevin will be home. Some of my questions are…

·         When do they understand the concept of grabbing ahold of objects?
                 o   When do they understand what a toy really is?

·         How many months old is a baby when they begin to crawl, sit up, walk, or run around?
                 o   Why do some babies develop faster in these areas than others?

·         When do babies begin to retain information, such as recognizing people’s faces?
                 o   When do they recognize people’s voices?

·         When do babies start to eat solid foods?
                 o   How long should a baby breastfeed for?

1 comment:

  1. Makes sense, I can see now, to state the age of your baby in the Background. If you found out you were pregnant a year ago, he would have been born, what?--four, five months ago? That's a very relevant fact.

    Good questions--you may think of more, or Sirus may remind you of some you should add/. Remember this is not research exactly. As you find answers and compare them to other answers (and there will be no hard and fast answers anyway), what you find has to be applied to the actual baby you live with.

    ReplyDelete