Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Graf #5 (Isearch Brainstorm Reaction)

            Seeing that list of words made me envy this person. They have such an ease of mind that they can easily list off whatever comes to mind first. Then from those words, they chose a topic. I was never taught how to brainstorm growing up in school. I have no idea how to do it. It seems ridiculous to me to just list off a bunch of random words. It seems foolish. My mindset has always been to think of a topic in your head and then go from there. However, I then second guess myself over every topic I choose. Is it appropriate? Will I be able to answer all my questions? What if I don’t find all my answers? I tried the brainstorming idea – didn’t work out too well. Instead, I just sat in bed trying to get my baby, Sirus, to sleep, when it suddenly came to me: What are the different developmental skills and stages of a baby?

1 comment:

  1. The point of listing a bunch of random words is to get the idea-generating part of your brain in gear--it may generate 20 lousy ideas, but all you need is #21, the keeper idea! It beats staring at a blank screen!

    ReplyDelete