Thursday, September 27, 2012

Graf #15 (Meta-Graf)

                It was late at night, and I had just gotten Sirus to sleep after an hour and a half of rocking. I took out my laptop and just stared at my intro and outro of my cause essay. I was stumped. I didn’t want to write about my dog at that moment. All I could think about was how soon I was going to see Kevin. I tried to clear my head and think about my dog instead. I chose to write about my dog after reading one of the example cause essays about a guy’s dog. It made me think about how much I missed my dog. With my mind now jumbled with thoughts of Kevin, my dog, and everything else that could possibly enter my mind, I stood up and walk over to the crib. As I gently tucked Sirus in a little more, I began to think about our future. I began to think about how Kevin wanted a Rottweiler and I wanted a German shepherd. Then how I would want the dog to act like – Jazz. Finally thinking about Jazz, her personality, and her little quirks, I sat down on my bed, grabbed my laptop, and began writing.

1 comment:

  1. There are always shepherd/rotti crosses!

    This is exactly the sort of thing I look for in a metagraf. IMO, a lot more and a lot better writing comes out of jumbled thoughts than from neat outlines.

    ReplyDelete