Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Graf #19 (Reaction to Timed Essay)

                I was very happy that we were given a couple topics to choose from early so that we could think about what to write. Whenever I am under a time limit for an essay, I get too stressed out to think about what to write about and will often just stare at the blank screen or paper. The timed essay was definitely a little stressful, though. After finally getting Sirus to sleep, I tried my best to crank out a well worth, five paragraph essay within the time limit. It took quite a while to figure out what I was going to write about. Then, while I was writing the essay, I had to keep erasing, writing, erasing again, and writing again. I couldn’t make up my mind. I think I was too worried about it sounding bad. However, once I saw Mr. Goldfine’s comment to my essay, I felt like all my efforts went down the drain. He said that he would accept the essay, but he is right, it was a comparison essay – not a contrast essay. I guess that I got into the essay too much that I didn’t remember to contrast what I was trying to get across to the reader. I am very, very grateful that he accepted it. However, if he needed me to rewrite it under a time limit, I am willing to do so.

1 comment:

  1. No need to be grateful. Comparison and contrast present the writer with the same organizational problems and only a major fusspot would refuse to accept one in place of the other, as long as those organizational issues are handled well--as you did.

    ReplyDelete