Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Graf #18 (Isearch Progress Report)

               I have been doing a lot of research lately. I have found out that it really isn’t that hard to find information over the developmental stages of a baby. With the research that I have, I can easily relate it all to my baby. Sirus is three months old now, and everything that I have researched coincides with him. Such as, by three months of age, babies should be able to: grasp toys, lift their head up, stretch, kick, smile, enjoy being with people, recognize people, be alert, and start to gain hand-eye-coordination. I was shocked to realize that all of this is accomplished in just three months. I would have assumed that babies wouldn’t be able to really recognize people or gain hand-eye-coordination until later on in life.

                When I saw the accomplishments of babies between four and seven months, I was appalled! They start to stand without support, sit without support, roll over, explore and reach with hands, and can understand expressions of other people. Unfortunately, they get separation anxiety around this age as well, so they get upset when momma walks out of the room. I can’t believe how fast they grow up! I never would have imagined that babies would be this developed so fast! I definitely cannot wait until Sirus reaches this stage!
                By 12 months of age, they are so developed! They are crawling, walking, switching positions from sitting to standing to crawling, imitating people, and having a preference for people. They grow up so fast! It is unbelievable. Now that I know how fast Sirus is going to grow up, I hope that Kevin can be there to see him through these stages. He will be gone for another month, so hopefully after that we will stay together. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, what you're doing here is writing the fifth section of the isearch, the Answer--and that's fine, but the assignment for graf 18 was more to describe how you were doing finding an answer--the 'how', not what you actually are finding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating blog! Is your theme custom made or did you
    download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks
    would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme.
    Appreciate it

    Take a look at my page :: free murder games online

    ReplyDelete