Thursday, August 30, 2012

Graf #4 (Reaction to "Advice for Writers")

            Whenever I have been given a topic to write about, I try to engulf myself around it. I try to embrace the subject so that I will not be bored with it, and yet, still impress the teacher. However, I usually always need a little inspiration from seeing other people’s writings. I try my best to find interest in each and every topic while still impressing the teacher; however, sometimes I still feel like it’s not good enough. Such as my Graf #2 – I wrote everything down from what I felt deep inside, but it’s not good writing quality. I put myself into the piece too much that it really was as if I was just yelling at her. Not an interesting piece of work. I didn’t want to start over, though. I find that I am good at editing my work after I have written it, but to start fresh on a new page? Forget about it. I need to take that advice and take the time to rewrite everything I have just written. I need to hand in each writing piece with the mindset that ‘it’s a damn fine job’!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about impressing the teacher. Worry about impressing yourself (or maybe a mini-internalized teacher.) I'm only around for a few months; that inner self will always be with you.

    ReplyDelete