Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Graf #2 (Worst Teacher)

 
              Last year, during my senior year in high school, I became pregnant. Being pregnant in high school is hard. People are always criticizing you to your face or behind your back. Nobody understands what it is like to be in someone else’s shoes. When you don’t understand a situation, you give the person respect, encouragement, and offer them help. Especially as an adult teacher in high school; you act like an adult, not a gossipy, overly-dramatic high school girl. It is for this reason alone as to why I didn’t like you. You gave me a reason not to like you. I tried to look past the mistreatment you gave your special ed students; but, you treated everyone like that, except for your cheerleaders you coached. You acted just like them. Snobby, two-faced, bitchy, and squished everybody beneath your feet. Nobody likes you. No, not even the other teachers you work with. You act like you know everything and are everything. Do yourself a favor and stop talking behind people’s backs, maybe you would get some acquaintances. You crossed the line with me when you thought you could talk about me. Yes, I was pregnant in high school, but it doesn’t mean that I’m not a person. I was still a student. How dare you try to assume that I would fail classes, drop out, or not graduate high school. Just because there are stereotypes about pregnant girls does not mean that they are applicable to me. I am glad that I graduated high school with highest honors for the year; this way, I don’t have to see you again.
                This was a special education teacher that was at my high school. I never really had a chance to spill my guts about how I thought about her. I never hate or dislike someone without a set cause. She gave me a cause. She always acted like she was top dog to everyone; but, in reality, she’s just the queen of the damned.

3 comments:

  1. I thought the idea of writing a letter about your hands worked nicely. Here I don't think addressing this teacher directly is paying off. Sometimes anger powers a piece, sometimes the emotion (as here) just drives it off the rails--my opinion anyway.

    We certainly see what a bitch Miss Cheerleadercoach was, but we never quite get a single story or particular example of her abusing you, never a "There was this one time when she said to me, "--."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a teacher verbally call me out to my face. This was the only teacher who ever talked behind my back. I have been lucky and had all very kind teachers. Should I redo this piece?

      Delete
  2. These first assignments are warmuip exercises, chances for me to get to know your writing a little. Later in the semester with longer pieces, I sometimes ask for rewrites, but almost never with the grafs.

    ReplyDelete